Monday, November 2, 2020

Linked to a Better World

3rd July 2020

Hay (Famous YouTuber),

You may remember me as “Grandpa Swag" or “Benjamin Franklin Jr.’ from your movie club way back when.  Now I’m one of the depressed unmonitized YouTubers navigating the Covid 19 Pandemic.

So why am I reaching out to you? Well, a few years ago I decided to make my success linked to a better world. I figured I’d pay for a pound of trash to be removed from the ocean for every thousand subscribers. 

This is through a company called 4Ocean, and you can check them out if you want. Hell, if you don’t want to help me sending them some love is still a great idea. I’d like to be able to pay my electric bill, but a better world is a better world. For every one thing you buy from them (bracelet, t-shirt, cup, etc.) they pull a pound of trash from the ocean.

In any case, what I want is some help promoting this promotion. I can pay. I mean, I can buy subscribers at ten cents a head but I think paying you would be more effective. Or you could make this a PR thing, and I could send you a thank you box of 4Ocean gear. You could un-box this, and show people that environmentalists are giving you love.

I do recall you once asking for stories about depression. Well, not only am I clinically depressed and on medication, but I have a degree in psychology. I could certainly dedicate time to describing my experience to you. In addition, I work with the homeless so I have stories of mental health for days.

I already know you’ll say no or just ignore me, but that’s life.

 

Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment