Wednesday, November 23, 2022

My Dear Cousin - The Wedding

15th May 2021

My Dear Cousin,

After all the letters I have sent, I suppose this brings us to (Pony Girl)’s wedding so many years ago. She had gotten money for college and I hadn’t. Now the old man was giving her thirty thousand dollars so she could move out and start a family.  I hear she found thirty thousand too little and then had him give her another thirty thousand on top of that.

Needles to say, after all the money she had cost me and all the pain I did not go to my (Pony Girl)’s wedding. This was a big deal to Uncle Allen at the time, he called himself Sid then, and he protested.

I hadn’t seen the man in more than twenty years, and he said he wanted to catch up, so I went and got my old high school yearbooks. (Pickle) and I, Allen and his family, all went to a pizza place, and he spent the time trying to get me to go to (Pony Girl)’s wedding.

I had been told to leave and never come back. I had been told that I would never get my part of my mother’s estate which was a fully paid for home in California not far from the heart of Los Angeles. Here was this woman trying to steal two hundred thousand dollars from me and I was supposed to go to her wedding?!

Old Allen held his guns till the end. He did everything he could to get me to go, but family was over for me. I remember my (Pony Girl) leaving a Hawaiian shirt, the dress for the wedding, for me if I changed my mind.  

(Pickle) would never forgive me for him having to pay another utility bill and my (Pony Girl) wouldn’t pay her part of the property tax for more than another ten years. Still, the family was far from done cutting into me. There is still more to come.

Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment