Monday, November 7, 2022

My Dear Cousin - Pony Girl's College

                                                                                                                                                                 8th May 2021

My Dear Cousin,

Another major telling event in my life is my (Pony Girl)’s college career. I don’t know if you heard, but she went to a prestigious college at great price, because her boyfriend had been attending the year before. He died in a rockslide before she ever started school on a vacation trip she had planned but never went on, because they had gotten into a fight.

I remember the news had called the house and ask me all about that poor fellow. He was an artist starting a comic book company, loved hockey, and was very soft spoken. After he died (Pony Girl) got is name tattooed on her foot. The funny thing is that she loved him in life but grew to hate him in death.

I do recall that she told me that she missed her last prom, because he didn’t want to go and wouldn’t let her go with anyone else. At the time she had a girlfriend as well as a boyfriend, so I don’t see why she couldn’t have just gone with her. Her boyfriend never knew, so far as I know, what she was doing, but we all kind of guessed.

The last I heard of that the man’s brother showed up at our house upset that he hadn’t heard from her in a long time. The next day it was reported on the news that her dead boyfriend’s brother had killed three people. I’m not sure if she dodged a bullet or fired the gun on this one.

(Pony Girl) spent two years at her fancy school. She was furious that our old man didn’t pay for all of it, but he paid around four hundred dollars a month. Then she lost part of her scholarship, and had to move back in the house with (Pickle) and I. She paid no bills during those two last years of college. She lived in the house rent and expense free because I felt that her college years were important.

I also assumed that when she was done I would get help with college. After all, both my siblings had been given four years of college assistance from the old man. (Pickle) got so much assistance that he once came home screaming, because he had to use his own money to take the bus.

In any case, when (Pony Girl) came home from the graduation ceremony she demanded we sell the house right then and there. She felt it was time for us to go our own ways. As it was all that remained of mom’s estate this would have made a lot of people happy, but I had just put this woman up for two years for free and she gave me no gratitude.

Worse, when I refused she said that “the executor is daddy’s sister and she’ll do what I want,” she then said she would just have my name taken off the house, and I would get nothing. That was twenty one years ago and she tried to get me out of this house a few times. She’s still trying, but that’s another story.

Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment