Monday, October 3, 2022

The Queen Mary - The Millennial Principal


15th June 2021

Dear Mayor Garcia,

On hearing of the state of the once cruise liner and now hotel Queen Mary I felt a great pain in my heart. I have only been on the old ship ones, but she has been a background player in my life for years and I had always hoped to make more trips down to the majestic old vessel.

Now with her hull rusted, and her being in danger of sinking I may never again step foot aboard her. Well, we need to save The Queen Mary if for no other reason than the hole she will leave in the hearts and minds of Californians if she goes.

 That said, I believe the key to saving the Queen Mary is to take what I call the Millennial Principal into account. The Millennial Principal is simply to monetize as much of the process of maintaining a thing as possible.  

This comes from the modern economy and the push, often by millennials, to monetize as much of their life as possible. If you’re going to have a hobby in this economy it best make you money or at least work as a tax write off.

One thing you can do to make this happen is to get a volunteer to go in there and film work crews repairing the Queen Mary. This can be live streamed on Twitch and then edited into videos on YouTube. 

You would be surprised to see what people watch nowadays. I watch a channel on YouTube where a man trims cow hooves. I’ve no interest in the subject, but I find it very entertaining. This could bring in a small income but it would also raise awareness for the ship and make her part of the day to day lives of younger people.    

A good way to accomplish this is to recruit film makers from CSU Long Beach who need the credit for graduation. They would be working for free and lending editing and filming skills to the project and the city would be supporting education.

Best,

 

Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment