Monday, August 1, 2022

Neighbors from Hell

                                   1st November 2021

Hay Folks,

 

So you want a story about neighbors? Well, I got one for you. I was ten, my parents where divorced, my mother had just died. I was living in my mother’s house with my two older siblings. My sister was twelve, and my mentally ill brother was fourteen. From Friday night to Monday morning I had a parent, but on Monday my father would leave for work and spend the week with his wife.

 

With the head of the neighborhood watch living across the street no one called the police. This went on until I grew out of it. I’m forty one now and still live in the same house.

 

Now, the folks next door gave a lot of trouble to my mentally ill brother. He is very susceptible to sound, and they would thump their music all the time and have these late night parties with kids drinking. They would leave beer bottles all over my lawn. One time, around one thirty in the morning, my brother lost it and ran into their house and smashed their record player.

 

In a form of retaliation they shot one of my cats in the eye with a pellet gun. Then I had my other neighbor across the street who very likely killed at least four of my cats and my two dogs. He was connected with law enforcement so he got off with it, but you would think he, having ignored the child abuse I suffered, would have been falling all over himself to make it up to me.

 

Yeah, I got the neighbors from hell. There are days even I have trouble believing what kind of people they are. Then again, I’m an educated man. If you know much about history you would know that people can be evil, so why should the folks on my street be any different?

 

Best,

 

 

Richard Leland Neal


 

No comments:

Post a Comment