Friday, April 8, 2022

Help Me Make a Difference

29th April 2021

Dear 4Ocean,

I’m not sure how the bracelet became a major article of conservation and caring, but I’ve a few of yours in my collection. I promised to pull a pound of trash out of the ocean for every thousand YouTube subscribers I get, and this has permitted me to make a small contribution to a better world through your company.

However, given that your main product is bracelets, and I don’t wear jewelry of any kind beyond my fitness tracker, it comes to me that there is something missing from your inventory. That would be a bracelet holder.

Yes, I could just buy a bracelet holder for around fifteen dollars, but again, I don’t wear bracelets, and that wouldn’t pull a pound of trash from the ocean now would it? Moreover, I couldn’t find any responsibly sourced bracelet holders in a short search.

Given that I can buy bracelets to pull trash from the ocean, save bees, track turtles and polar bears, plant trees in Australia, and contribute to wolf conservation one would think that a bracelet holder displaying contributions to a better world would be a thing.

Given that bracelet holders can be made out of almost anything, are simple to design, require very little structural integrity, and would show off your product it sounds like a fit for you. I would favor one that looks like a leafy seadragon myself, but I’m sure you folks could design something in a short time. Even better, have a contest for customers to design them. You can even start this object off as a Kick start program, and test the market before making it a permanent offering.

One of the sad truths of this life is that there is only so much I can do, that means I can’t make much of an impact. That is why I turn to companies like you to help me make a difference. 

Just a suggestion,

 

Richard Leland Neal

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment