Monday, November 19, 2018

Requirements of the Law

It is believe that the suspect in this case killed this
animal by cracking his skull in a vice. 
9th January 2018

Dear County of Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control,

This letter is being sent with Check 1020, and I will have proof of your receiving it when the check clears with my bank. You may consider this a payment under duress as your organization has failed to provide me with an investigation in good faith which is a requirement of the law. 

Last year I reported to your organization that one of my neighbors had admitted to shooting cats in his back yard with a 22 caliber rifle. Whereas this activity was limited to feral animals I reported him when I learned that he was responsible for the death of one of my animals. I now believe this man to be responsible for the death of as many as six animals belonging to myself, 4 cats and 2 dogs.

The complained was investigated by Officer Armando Ferrufino who on concluding his investigation asked for a favor on behalf of the suspect proving that his investigation had been biased and therefore unacceptable in the eyes of the law. I have since obtained a copy of Officer Ferrufino’s report there are discrepancies between this report and a proper investigation.


Firstly, the letter I used to report the crime was missing from the report. This is destruction of evidence. Second, nowhere in this report does it state that Officer Ferrufino asked the suspect if he owned a 22 caliber rifle or if he had committed the crime in question. I informed Officer Ferrufino that I had photographs of my animal’s injuries and he did not request to see them or note this in his report.

Your organization has willfully refused to render me a lawful investigation, and you’re expecting me to pay for a service you refuse to provide is unlawful. Officer Ferrufino appears to feel that aggravated animal abuse is not a crime worthy of his time. It is not Officer Ferrufino or County of Los Angeles Animal Care and Control that determine what is and is not a crime. The people of the state of California make that determination and your organization is paid to enforce the will of the people.

I expect an investigation consistent with the requirements of the law,








Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment