Monday, September 17, 2018

Help with Cats

Scared Dana
11th November 2017

Don’t feel bad there, Jenn,

For the first point you’re not the only one to mistake (Durium) for a man. I mean, I’ve shown pictures of her to folks who have thought the same. It’s a common misconception given her name, behavior, and aesthetic choices.

In any case, you can be assured that Crying Jack, the 17 year old black cat, is doing well and adjusting to his life with me about as well as we can expect. He tends to run to me every time I enter the room and will almost certainly jump on the bed and rub his cheek against mine. This can be a little gross because I call him Crying Jack because he has eye trouble. Cat boogers, blaa!

Dana, the other cat, isn’t doing as well. She has gotten used to the idea of her living with me, but she has both breathing and bowel problems. Unlike Jack, she is a very timid animal, and my understanding is that I’d be her third owner as she kept running away from the first one. As I can rub her belly without her complaining I figure she’s going to be okay, and the fact that, unlike (Durium), I don’t smoke will be a boon to her health.


As far as offering me free cat food, I hope you’re not offended if I decline. Yes, I am now feeding seven cats of my own and a few strays that make my neighborhood their own, and that is a good deal of animal feed. Still, I’m not big on handouts. Don’t get me wrong here, I’m sure you give to folks who really need food for their animals, but I buy in bulk. 
Crying Jack

I’m known to be a generous man myself, or at least I try to be, I just took a load of items to a homeless advocate, and I go see her once a month. I donate all my redemption recyclables to the homeless for that matter. It’s just that I’m a man who likes to work for what he has. I’ve had bad experiences with handouts, and I wouldn’t feel right accepting anything from your organization that may go to someone in a greater need.

That said, there are a few things you could help me with that wouldn’t cost you anything. Like I said, I’d rather work for what I have, and these animals will need to see the veterinarian sooner or later. No obligation, of course, just it would be nice if you could share a few things with your cat lovers.

For one, I have a video up on YouTube with one of my cats on my shoulder. She does a good job of being adorable. I was trying to find her a home at the time but she’s a bit old now and I’m keeping her. If enough folks see that video then I’d make enough money to pay for the cats. It’s a long shot, but it can’t hurt. In any case, I’ll enclose a link and if you could ask folks to write “Jackie’s Purrfect Match sent me” I’ll make a point of paying you back what your help is worth.


On a darker note, you may notice that the kitten in that video has a wounded paw. Well, I know who did that, and he is responsible for the death of that kitten’s mother, siblings, and as many as five or six of my animals. He shot the cat a second time after this video blinding her in one eye. If you could promote the blog post where I write about this issue that would help. Animal Control is trying to ignore the issue even as this fellow admitted to killing cats with a 22 caliber rifle and burying them under his rose bushes. The more eyes on this problem the less likely ignoring it will be tolerated.      

Past that, unless you know someone who could help me edit my novel or perhaps someone in the film industry who would like to produce a horror film there isn’t much you can do for me. I know I’m using some out of the box thinking here, but, well, I haven’t asked for anything that would put you out have I?

Keep yourself as best you can, Jenn,



Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment