Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nasty Song


4th June 2012
Dear Cassi,

Another of the musical stories of my middle school acutance Earp involves the song “Hi, My Name is Joe”. This was an old childhood fun song that went ‘Hi, my name is Joe and I work in a button factory, I’ve got a wife, and a dog, and a family.’ No mention was made of Joe’s crappy grammar. “One day, my boss came up to me and said, “Joe, are you busy?” I said, “No”. He said “push this button with your right hand.”’
       
Joe’s labors soon included his left hand right and left foot and finally his head. After the whole of his body was in the work of button making Joe’s boss would come once again only to have Joe say that he was busy.
       
The point of this song has never truly been clear to me, but as it gave children and those who look after them something to do I do not complain of such things.
       
Well, Earp had his own version that involved Joe masturbating his supervisor with the whole of his body. School children giggle over nasty bits like this and so I found it humorous enough to tell a few folks. Those folks went and told others who asked me to sing Earp’s song.
       
Imagine my surprise when Earp was talking about his dirty limerick as if I was the author. I marched over to him and told him that I had gotten the song from him and that he’d best stop putting his words in my mouth.
       
Earp would have made a good politician with his ideal features and slimy attitudes. Then it comes to me that most abusive folks would make good politicians.

Keep good company, little sister,


Richard Leland Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment