Thursday, May 24, 2012

Depression is Not a Gift


13th February 2012
Dear Cassi,
   
Depression is not a gift no matter what they say about it or how you deal with the problem. Depression is the side effect of some malefactor in your life. It is the body shutting itself down to live through the bad times. Depression is the human equivalent to a computer going into stand by.
   
It is true, if hard to see, that every situation that can be managed can be seen as an opportunity. My losing my job was a bad thing but you can look at it as an opportunity to change, to make my life better, and that is what I did in that case. However, not losing it would have been better in most situations.
   
It is even possible to see my falling out with my family as a gift of some kind. The situation let me let go of them and gave me interesting material for stories. Still, I guaranty that there are easier ways to come up with stories than to live them or have your soul put in a blender.
   
To some extant life is only what you make of it but we still have to understand that depression is not a gift. If it was a gift I would be the most gifted man on earth. No, depression is not a gift, but we can great it with the will to go on and the strength to overcome.

Stay safe, little sister

        


Richard Leland Neal

Also updating today!
Random Street Theater a Comic
http://randomstreet.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment